- Build from existing relationships.
- Make sure the library is in the right place at the right time.
- Join existing coalitions and networks.
- Target groups and initiate specific strategies.
- Conduct focus groups to stay aware of community needs and opportunities.
- Organize a committee or meetings with community leaders.
- Contact members individually or meet one-on-one with leaders informally.
- Identify local groups and potential community partners.
- Include individuals and organizations that are well connected to the community.
- Make sure there are benefits for all parties.
- Utilize effective communication strategies.
- Have designated and responsible representatives.
- Focus on a specific project, program or issue.
- Put the right people in the right positions. Because collaborations are built on trust and convergent goals, the major determinate of success lies in the human factor.
Tips and Techniques for Creating Strong Partnerships
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.