- Creating screencasts, narrated explanations of activity on the computer screen.
- Engaging in Skype job interviews.
- Creating video book reviews for Amazon.com (see some examples).
- Participating in Google Hangouts.
- Recording spoken voice for digital storytelling projects using the free Audacity sound recording and editing software. (See my review of The Book of Audacity.)
- Recording of singing and other musical performances for YouTube or other purposes.
- Creating free multimedia educational content, such as animated children's stories.
- Recording "passion talk" videos, where community members speak directly to a webcam about a topic that stirs them — in the style of a TED talk.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.