Do you or someone at your library have training materials to share? WebJunction has a great project underway right now to help public library trainers across the country develop a valuable collection of library technology training resources and assets. This repository of course materials will be reusable under Creative Commons licensing to help reduce the burden of developing and finding training materials.
WebJunction conducted a survey and identified the following top five categories of materials that are most needed for public training:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook, etc.)
- Social Software (Facebook, Blogs, Flickr, twitter, RSS, Readers, Bookmarking, YouTube, etc.)
- Internet (Essentials, Safety, and Searching)
- Computer Basics (Introduction, Maintenance, Hardware Overview)
- Collaborative Tools (wikis, bookmarking, cataloging, Google docs)
If you have training resources (such as lesson plans, handouts, PowerPoints, links to tutorials) to share, please email them to Stephanie Gerding: stephaniegerding @ gmail.com. All materials will give credit to youand/or your library and will be available for free download for noncommercial use.