This post originally appeared on the TechSoup blog. We wanted to share it with the library community as so many of you are designing flyers, websites, and promotional images for programs and events.
Whether you're creating a postcard, flyer, presentation, or fundraising email, a little design know-how goes a long way.
Don't have a graphic designer in-house? No problem. With the recent launch of discounted Adobe Creative Cloud memberships on TechSoup, we have been doing some great webinars and blog posts on graphic design basics and how to use Adobe tools.
Basic Know-How: Graphic Design for Non-Designers
Four Things Non-Designers Should Know About Graphic Design by our Laura Kindsvater is a very plain language intro if you're just getting started, including
- The basics of layout so that the important stuff gets noticed.
- Figuring out which colors to choose.
- Where to find good images.
- Not overloading with too many fonts.
- Finding handy free tools and design templates.